Hello Family!
Starting is always the hardest part but once you start it is easier to know what to say. I am doing fine. I never have much to say because my life consists of one thing and one thing only - School. I am busy, busy, busy with school. I have three presentations I have to give this semester. One will be on the Romanian Monasteries with post colonial theory. Most scholars who take a post colonial look at art show how big bad Europe went and conquered the world and forced people to live their way. The scholars look at art about the Orient and Middle East and see how European countries put a twist to that art and how they depicted the lands they conquered. I am talking about how Europe was not the only place to conquer land. I am talking about how the Ottoman Empire ruled Romania and the Romanians showed their hatred for their conquers through art. My professor calls it an anit-post colonial view and loves the idea because no one takes this view and I am a little nervous because it is an anti-Islamic view which is really not cosier right now. My teacher says it is fine though because it is not my view but I am just showing the facts. My other presentation is on Processions that took place around monasteries during the Medieval period and how the architecture of the period help enhance the processions. My last presentation is on Thomas Crow, a famous Art Historian, and I have to read everything he has ever written and talk about why his theory is significant. I know all these presentations sound fascinating to all y'all and I will gladly give them to you.
I don't have much with my life - as you can see I am busy. I also am trying to make plans for my trip to Romania. I bought my ticket and leave on May 28th and get back on June 16th. I am excited.
Well this is long enough. Have a great month and Happy Easter!
Love Mollie
Stay Watchful
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment