Hello Everyone!! As everyone knows this month has been pretty crazy with Nicole's "little" accident, but we are hanging in there and doing just fine. For those of you who don't know, while we were in Moab our little Olie fell of a bunk bed and broke her arm. We had to drive to Grand Junction for her to have surgery and than we spent the night in the hospital. All day she asked for an orange and juice. She couldn't eat anything and was so hungry. After the surgery, her doctor told me a better find her an orange because before she was put out she was begging for one and when she woke up, she was asking for one. (For more of the story, look at our blog at kimandwarren.blogspot.com) She is doing great and does pretty well with her left hand. Her arm probably weighs 5 lbs with her huge cast, so her balance is even more off than usual. I am pretty sure she is supposed to rest and relax, but that is absolutely ridiculous for Nicole. After the ER visit in Moab, she wanted to get up and play with all of the other children. She would fall down, grab her arm, say "OWWWW," get up, and play again. Besides the accident, the trip was alot of fun and I am sure we will go back again. We met some friends, Pat, Sue, and Mike down in Moab so it was alot of fun to be with them. The girls favorite part was driving around and singing "We Will Rock You." Before we went to Moab, we spent a week in Provo with Pat and family. Warren took Nicole skiing and one day Kaylee and I went with Warren. I am getting better, but sometimes I have to take a deep breath and just go for it. Here is a quick update of the girls:Kaylee: Kaylee is enjoying Kindergarten, but Spring Break was a much needed vacation for her. Before Spring Break, she would come home from school and say, "Mom. I need a break and I am soooo tired. We do nothing fun all day." Because her school was closed for 3 weeks for mold, they have been playing catch up and it is very draining on her. This month she has discovered a new passion - puppet shows. She loves to put on puppet shows with her friends. She spends a lot of time making puppets out of brown paper bags, and Popsicle sticks. She has also started gymnastics and loves it. Her favorite part is jumping on the trampoline and doing back bends.

Nicole: Besides the broken arm, she is doing great. She is improving on her speech and loves to play with her speech therapist. She was just assigned a new therapist, so she is in the process of adjusting to a new teacher. She loves school and her preschool teacher Miss Katie says she just loves having Nicole in her class. Miss Katie commented on how Nicole can be pretty silly at times and can get the entire class laughing. She still loves to play with her babies and loves to wear jeans. She will dig through her dirty clothes to find her 2 pairs of jeans. Mom was with me this weekend and we were on a search for new jeans for Nicole because her jeans have holes in the knees. Who knew it would be quite the pain to find jeans for a 3 year old, but she has the classic McVey problem - skinny waist, bigger bottom. We did find some really cute ones at Target for $6 bucks, so these will be perfect considering she will probably put holes in the knees in a matter of months. Here is a silly story for everyone. Conference weekend, I was at Mom and Dad's and I gave Nicole some Advil for her arm. I gave it to her at 9;00pm and it did the opposite of what it was intended for. Instead of calming her down, it made her extremely hyper. At about 9:45, she came running downstairs and jumped on Dad's lap. She was soooooooo high on the meds. She tried to eat Dad's toes, pushed herself off of Dad and acted as if she was falling over, and had the jitters. I asked her why it was so funny to almost fall down on her face, and she said while holding her nose, "I would fall down and broke my nose." She did not fall asleep until 11:00 pm, but she kept kicking her legs and wiggling her arms until 3:00am. At that time, I had enough and put her in with Kaylee.

Taylor: Taylor has grown up a ton this past month. She is getting more confident walking, but has yet to let go and do it on her own. She is becoming quite the little monkey, climbing on everything and trying to get into everything that the girls are doing, especially their art stuff. Her favorite is the marker. I am sure one of these days I will find marker on something it shouldn't be on. She is also started to talk. Her favorite words are: this, mom, dad, arff (any animal she sees), a mixture of dog and puppy maybe puggie, and more. She is still very tiny, but is now a big 18 lbs.
Warren and Kim: Warren is in Moab this weekend with some friends off roading. He is having alot of fun and is exhausted. I talked to him yesterday and he was telling me about falling off his dirt bike and some friends flipping over their handle bars. After talking about all of the accidents, he said, "But, I am having fun." Not much is going on with me, except for taking care of the girls and trying to keep Nicole from hurting herself. I also ran in a St. Patricks Day 5K with some friends and did it in about 28 mins. It was my first time doing one and I had alot fun. I now know I can probably do it alittle faster, so I will see if I can do it the next time.I hope y'all enjoy conference this weekend and enjoy listening to our new prophet.



No comments:
Post a Comment