Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busyness in Provo

As everybody knows school had started up again and we are busy. A normal day for us is Pi'ikea goes to work from 9ish until 5ish and the she is at school from 7 to 10:30. I am back and forth the entire time in between work and school. Work has slowed down a lot for me compared the past couple of months. Pi'ikea is not working in the Data Entry department anymore, she is actually working with my neighbor who is over the service billing department. Basically entering in the service tickets that we have. She is also doing the referral program. That is when a customer refers somebody to us we give the customer a $50 gift card to Chili's or Home Depot. She gets to keep track of those and mail out the gift cards. She says it is pretty repetitive but it is nice because her desk is close to mine so we can go out to lunch and do other projects together.

Pi'ikea is really enjoying her classes at massage therapy school, and I am also enjoying them because she practices on me ever now and again. She keeps on talking about how she can't wait to get her table in a few weeks. Every night she comes home with fun stories to tell of what she learned as try to sleep so I can get to work or school early the next morning. There is one exciting item of business for me and school. Last Tuesday, the first day of school, I received a call from one of my professors and he asked me to TA the class that I just took. It was somewhat of a shock but it was pretty cool. Dr. Christofferson, my professor, this past year received the Outstanding Educator Award from the National Association of Home Builders or NAHB. It is quite an honor to be his TA. I hope I do well.

Besides work and being a TA I still have 4 classes. I am taking the advanced estimating class, physics 106 (not sure why we have to take this it is about magnetic fields and random stuff like that but it is required), construction scheduling, and a structural engineer class (which I am not looking forward to). Luckily since I have been in the major for sometime now I have a lot of people I can study with. I hope everybody else is doing good. And go cougars, hopefully they will beat UCLA next Saturday. Sorry grandpa.

No comments: