Howdy from Provo. I hope all are doing well. Pi'ikea and I are doing well. She is about to finish up her first quarter of Massage Therapy. She has been studying a lot for her finals. Although she is not a licensed massage therapist yet, her professors have encourage them to "practice" as much as possible until they start their clinic in a couple months. Clinic is where students are required to put in their hands-on hours. Anybody can just come in a get a massage from the students so they can practice. But, until then she has been able to book almost every Saturday for the next month and a half. Other than that Pi'ikea has been keeping busy at work writing postcards and typing up tickets.
I am also staying really busy at work with new claims coming in everyday, but not as much as before. Being a TA is fun while other aspects of school are not. But I am surviving. Also something exciting may be happening for me next February and March. Every year around that time there are national construction management competitions. There are three main ones, ASC (Associated Schools of Construction) in Reno, NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) in Las Vegas and then ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors) in Hawaii. BYU is typically in the top 3 at all 3 competitions. ABC and NAHB are highly sought after. About 90 students applied for all of the competitions and 40 of those were just for ABC. Out of those 40, 9-10 where interviewed and I was one of those lucky few. Out of those they will pick four team members with one alternate to represent BYU in Hawaii. I find out this week if I made the team or not. Basically what the team will do is they are given a construction project/problem that we need to work through for the next 3 or 4 months. We will do everything from estimating and scheduling the project and creating a safety program. Once we get to the project the judges will pick out the top 5 out of the 25-30 teams. Those 5 teams will then have to present their solution to everybody and from that the winner is picked. Last year BYU received 2nd place so there is a lot of pressure. Hopefully I will make the team. Anywho. Go Cougars and see ya'll later.
Stay Watchful
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment