Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year from Mom and Dad

We had a wonderful and merry December. The beginning of the month I was in Houston with Jonah. Well of course, with Jill, Josh, JJ, Jadyn, and Jaxson also, and we had a great time. I put all of those pictures on the blog last month. In the middle of December, Dad and I were able to go to California. He worked, I played. I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa in Thousand Oaks and dad joined us Friday afternoon. The last time I was in LA, I brought Grandma's photo album back with me and a friend scanned all the pictures for me and put them all on a CD. So grandpa and I played on his computer (a Mac) to load the pictures on his computer. It took us a while, because you all know how computer literate I am, but we did it and were able to print some of the pictures. We even were able to download my pictures from Houston onto his computer and print pictures of Jill's family. Grandpa was really excited to find out more things his computer and printer can do. On Saturday the 19th we had our traditional Swedish dinner at grandma and grandpa's house. We had potato sausage, red cabbage, kidney beans, salmon, bread, and for dessert, rice pudding and fruit soup. All was delicious. Charlie, Maria, Chas and Cathleen were there and Uncle Lee, Auntie Marj, Ernie, Mindy, Karlee, and Mitchell. It was so much fun to see everyone and catch up with what everyone is doing.

The famous Christmas pants made there annual appearance on Grandpa and Chas

Dad, Mollie, and I went to Colorado Springs on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with Kim and her family. Dad and I were wise men and Mollie the narrator for the Christmas story. We had a great time, especially Mollie who got to sleep with Kaylee and Nicole and wake up very early with the girls.
Grandpa was able to read many stories to Nicole and the Little Mermaid, Taylor. We had a great time and come home to relax and return a few things. Mollie went back to Salt Lake on Sunday then Dad and I got busy and after 7 years we redid our laundry room. We mended holes, painted, hung cabinets and put in a new sink. It took two full days, but it looks great! I have a pole to hang clothes to dry, a place to fold clothes and alot of storage space. Merry Christmas to us. For New Years Eve we chaperoned a youth dance for church. All 700 kids had a great time, but we were exhausted, so on New Years Day we relaxed, watch some football, and went to see the movie "Young Victoria", which we both liked. Hope all of you have a great New Year.

No comments: