Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Friday, January 8, 2010

So It Begins...

Well, for one of my classes we have been asked to write a blog every week during the semester. Luckily for me, we already have a blog started. Unfortunately we haven't been keeping it up to date. This first blog will actually be directed to the rest of my family to update my family's monthly blog.

Happy New Year!!! December was a great month for Pi'ikea and I and yet, a sad one. We had Christmas, our anniversary and I had a break from school. Plus, we were both able to work full-time and make some money. However, I decided to sell my x-box 360 along with all of the games and accessories. For Christmas we had our own little celebration. We received a number of gift cards, which is always great. The gift cards were to Macoroni Grill/Chilis (thanks T and Tiff), Old Navy (thanks Mom and Dad McVey), Target (thanks Jacobsen Construction), online shopping gift cards (thanks Mom and Dad Ichimura). With the online gift cards I bought a Leatherman and Pi'ikea bought some nice pans. Other Christmas gifts include the Glee soundtracks, matching PJs and slippers, a small iHome, new clothes washer and printer (the old ones broke), a lot of tasty junk food (thanks friends and neighbors), and World of Warcraft subscriptions. Don't worry Brother Clarke, I won't play during class. At least not that much. For our anniversary, we bought ourselves season 1 of Glee. We watched the entire season within the next couple days.
Our first little tree!















Pi'ikea's new Glee CDs

John's annual Christmas tree cakes!



The weekend after Christmas we spent some time with TJ and Tiffany's family playing the new Wii the kids received for Christmas. We were also able to see Kim and Warren's family for a little bit while they visited.

On our anniversary we both worked half-days so we could spend the afternoon and evening together. Since Pi'ikea works at a spa we spent a couple of hours there getting pampered for free. First, we had a couples massage followed by a salt scrub and coconut milk bath soak. After those, we both got facials. Don't worry though, I had the manly "Gentlemen's Jack Black Facial". Seriously, that is the name of the facial. After our spa day we spent the next hour in traffic and snow traveling from Spanish Fork to Provo. For dinner we ate at Macoroni Grill (with our gift card). It was very very good. I love that bread. I swear I ate two loaves of bread myself.

School is going...can't believe it's my last semester. Here we go! More to come.

No comments: