Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Friday, August 19, 2011

Howdy

I know, I know...I haven't written on the blog in months. I need to be better because Mom and Dad will be gone for two years and I am sure they would like to see pictures of the kids.

The most exciting news that we have over the last few weeks was Joshua was baptized. After his birthday in July he would tell people he was 8 and he gets to be baptized. When you ask him what it means he'll tell you "Remember Jesus Christ" he has the main concept down and the rest will come with age. He also has started Cub Scouts and loves it. He has gone swimming and learned how to fold the American flag.


Jadyn is VERY girly. She loves princess items, ponies, Disney Fairies and anything pink or purple. As she gets older we have realized she is very competitive. She hates not coming in first and others being happy about their win.



Jaxson, he is always going, going, going. His volume is all the way up all the time and he is my personal alarm clock with his LOUD voice in the mornings. He loves his little brother very much but some times to much. He tackles him and lays on him, Jonah will go from laughing to crying because Jax will stay on top of him and not move.



Jonah is getting bigger and bigger everyday. He is our most curious child. He loves to look in every drawer, closet and bathroom and try to take everything out. He is a momma's boy and momma is tired a lot because she has a little shadow all day long.



Joshua and Jadyn head back to school on the 22nd of August and I will let you know how that goes. They will be attending a new school due to a new school being built and zoning changes. They will attend a school that is the same layout as the elementary school I attend from Kindergarten thru 3rd grade here in Texas. Josh and I are hoping that Jax can get into their preschool program through a speech therapy program so he can go to school. Then the only one at home would be Jonah (that would be very nice for Mom and Dad).



Jill is ready for the kids to get back into school. It has been a crazy summer only because we have been stuck in the house and the kids are going stir crazy. We are in the middle of the 2nd worst drought in recorded history and if we don't get over 4 inches of rain by the end of September (I think) we will be in the worst drought in history. We reach over 100 degrees (heat index of 110) everyday and because of no rain there is no humidity so it is a very dry heat. I realized last night as I was watering the yard the one upside to no rain...no mosquitoes...Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water and since there is no rain we haven't had a problem with mosquitoes, that is my one upside to no rain. I still work for Catch the Moment (http://www.catchthemoment.com/) as their bookkeeper and have been for 4 years.



Josh is still working as a police officer for the city of Houston and really enjoys his job as a first responder (if you call 911 he shows up). In December he will have been on for 4 years. He has been asked to be a trainer and he told them, "I am not opposed to the idea." He isn't to happy about it but I have tried to explain to him it says a lot of what they think of him. Most people ask to be a trainer, but Josh was asked by his superiors because they know he is a hard working and they want the new recruits learning from the best. He has had several commendations but don't tell him I told you, he doesn't like to brag ;o)



We love you all and miss you all.

No comments: