Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Monday, September 5, 2011

The Johnson Family

Hello Family-
I hope everyone is doing well. We are in full crazy mode over here. The girls are in school, except for Taylor. Taylor starts on Wednesday and I am having some anxiety over my decision to send her 3 days a week from 9-1pm. I know it will be good for her and me at some point, but I will miss my little buddy.

Kaylee
- Kaylee is loving 4th grade. She is in a class with a lot of friends and loves seeing Nicole at recess. She is also busy writing a piano song called "Dance of the Unicorns." She is entering it into a Nationwide competition this Friday. Her teacher is pretty impressed with the song and Kaylee has learned A TON from writing her own song. She knew the song when playing it on the piano, but making it fit into measures, writing the correct note, time signature, key signature, dynamics, etc has been a challenge for her and for her mom. She had some tricky rhythms in her song, but we are finally on the final draft. I will definitely keep you informed.

Nicole - Nicole loves her 1st grade teacher. She loves recess, PE, library, and learning more math skills. Reading is slowly coming along and she is getting more comfortable with it. Nicole also just joined the swim team - Falfins Dynamites. It is for kids making the adjustment from swim lessons to swim team. It is only once a week, but she is excited to get her own jacket, cap, and shirt. Nicole is constantly riding her bike. Right when she gets home from school and even while she is waiting for me to be ready to take her to school...she is riding her bike. This girl loves to be outside.

Taylor - Taylor is my little friend at home and I am trying to enjoy every minute before she starts preschool. We spend our days going to the gym, doctors, shopping, organizing, coloring, swimming, going on bike rides, etc. The other day, Taylor rode her bike for 45 minutes while I walked around the neighborhood. I kept thinking she would start complaining, but it never happened. When we got home, she was walking kind of funny and told me her legs really hurt. She proceeded to stretch her legs in a downward facing dog yoga pose, just like Mom. Made me proud!!

Kim and Warren - We are doing well. Little baby boy is doing great, just extremely wiggly. He moves all the time. I was sitting next to my friend and she stopped mid conversation, and said "Wow! I just saw that one." He is measuring fairly big (60% for size), so it will be interesting to see how big he really is when he arrives mid-to-late November. My girls were all in the 10-20% for size, so here comes our BIG boy. Warren is enjoying the new wet sacks he got for the boat. There are 2 of them. You fill them up with water and they weigh down the back of the boat making it easier to surf behind our tiny waterski boat. Fun times!!

Here I am at about 24 weeks.


While we were in McCall for the Johnson family reunion, Warren's competitive spirit came out. He had heard some of his cousins were swimming across the lake like he did when he was 11, so he put it on himself to prove something. He swam across the lake and than back to our cabin. And he didn't only do it once during the week, he did it 2 times. Pretty impressive!!


Kaylee loves to be in the water. She is so close to getting up on 1 ski!!

The girls had their first day of school and Taylor missed them. She drew them some pictures while they were gone.

Here are my Big 1st grader and 4th grader!! They love seeing each other at school.

Love-
The Johnson Family

No comments: