Well Pat and I are here in Romania. The plane ride was amazing because the food was good. We also got free toothbrush and tooth paste and a pair of socks. I will always fly British Airways. Neither Pat or I slept though so when we got to Romania, it was hard to stay awake. We did it though and we went to dinner with Susie and Stefan. They are two members here. They were teenagers when I was here but now they are 23 and 21. It was I had Sarmale - the food I made for y'all. Today I spent all day at the library finding good books. the library here is different. You find the book you want on a computer and give some one the title and they go get it for you. Then you can't check it out and just sit at a table reading. They only have two working copiers so no copies because the line is so long. I take pictures with my camera and hope that it works. I went to McDonalds for lunch. Yes pats first day here and I take her to McDonalds. It was around the corner and I couldn't be gone long. Tonight we went to an activity at the church. I saw some members who still remember me. Two were Gaby and Coca. Mom and Dad may remember them. We went there - It is the girl who has a leg problem and can't walk very well. Glad to report she has a cane now and gets around alittle better. Tomorrow I go back to the library but at 11 I am meeting with Iulia who is one of the people I was baptized. She moved from Buch but a member at the activity had her number and I called her and she is in Buch for a day. Does that not show the love of God or a tender mercy. She comes to Buch for one day and it is the day I am here.
Anyways the language is coming. I forgot alot but slowly it is coming back. I am speaking really poorly but man I am trying. It will get better. Oh the good news is Stefan goes to the art college here and spoke to his art history TA and he is studying Medieval Art and would love to speak to me. I am so excited. Anyways this is long enough. Stay tuned for next months blog to see the excitement of Romania. Love Mollie
PS This reminds me of writing letters on my mission.
Stay Watchful
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment