Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mollie's News


So I thought I would write this time mostly about Romania and how my trip went. But before I do that I will say Provo is still Provo now that I am back. I am taking one class - Feminism in Art History. It is a great class, we talk about all the forgotten female artists. I work in the slide library meaning I pull slides for teachers and I am also helping one of my professors finish his dissertation. I got a new calling. I am keeping my old one, so I am still choir director for my ward, but now I am also the stake Institute Rep which means I just help prepare and run the scripture class we have on Tuesday nights. So that is the news of Provo. Oh I did get to have another slumber party with Kaylee and Nicole and that was fun. We went swimming and played Movie Theater.
Now on to Romania. I loved going back and seeing the country I served in. I got to see some of the people I taught. And let me tell you that the best feeling in all the world and hearing the testimony of someone you taught the gospel to and four years later they are still active. The research part was fun too. I got alot of work done and found good information for my thesis. Pat and I had a blast especially when we went to Northern Romania to see the painted monasteries. But, after getting pulled over twice and blowing a tire we were ready to return the car. The monasteries were absolutely beautiful. I saw twelve in all and put three of them here (Moldovita, sucevita, Humor). I loved seeing them in person and got great pictures. I will show some here. One will be of the fields on the way and the others will be of the churches. I loved and and will have to share my thesis with you when I am done.
Anyways I love all ya'll and hope to see you soon. Love Mollie

No comments: