Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bone's Bunch

Happy Birthday TJ and Joshua!! I hope you have a great birthday month, birthday week, and birthday day. This is one of my favorite times of year. I love the beginning of fall. Just the other morning Warren was watching football highlights, the windows were opened with a very cool breeze blowing through, and the girls were getting ready for school. I told Warren I had the nervous, anxious, excited feeling I get this time of year. I have know idea why. Maybe it's school starting, those years in marching band and football games, or maybe it's the colors changing. Who knows - but I love it!! Anyways, here is the update:
Kaylee:
Kaylee is now a big 1st grader and is, shall we say "adjusting." She is having a very hard time adjusting to 1st grade. This includes: quickly eating lunch so she can go to recess, waking up and hurrying to get ready when she would much rather play, doing homework after school, and trying to not get bored or upset with a teacher who is making a huge adjustment herself (going from 5th to 1st grade and just moving to the area). We have had 2 major fits, but with a little reward system and a worry stone (a little rock that her 5th grade friend gave her because he no longer uses it) she is doing much better. In fact, she came home from school Friday and said "It wasn't too bad." I am meeting with the principal on Tuesday to discuss some concerns I have with her teacher and we will see how that goes. Kaylee also had a fun sleepover with Great Grandma McVey. It was great seeing her and spending time with her. Kaylee had alot of fun doing things with her and Nicole loved playing with her dog.



She is still busy playing, playing, playing and getting pretty good at reading. Here are some of her recent favorites: microphones, her new camera that she worked very hard to earn all summer long, and a afternoon snack of graham crackers, coolwhip, and chocolate chips.

Nicole:
Nicole is loving school. Her teacher Miss Megan is wonderful and Nicole loves her to death. She actually gets sad when she doesn't have school on Fridays and doesn't know what to do with herself. She has speech twice a week with her speech therapist at school and once a week with the Child Development Center. She is improving a ton. Infact, she can count from 1-10 pretty well without any help. Everyday after school, we come home eat lunch, put Taylor down for a nap and play games. Her favorites are Memory (she is actually very good at it), trampoline, playing with playdough, and kicking/throwing a ball. She has also made a new friend named Hannah who thinks Nicole is "Soooooo Silly." I asked Hannah if she could understand Nicole and she said, "Sometimes, but I just think she is silly." It is fun to watch them because Hannah will just look at Nicole, shake her head, and laugh. It is so fun for me to see Nicole with her own friend.


Taylor:
Taylor is growing up a ton and cracking us up with her sayings and facial expressions. Her new words are: "uck" (duck and truck), "oclate" (chocolate ), "cole" (she yells this when she wants something - short for Nicole. It cracks me up when she does it because she sounds just like me), "ookie" (cookie - everyday after she eats, she bangs on the pantry door wanting a cookie. Someone has quite the sweet tooth), "ish" (fish - she tries so hard to make her lips go like a fish and she smiles when someone else does it), "ook" (book-she loves books!!).
She is greatly enjoying Mommy time in the morning and I am too. The other day we went on a bike ride and it was soooo weird for me to have 1 child. I was remembering what it was like to have just Kaylee. Taylor cracked up the whole time and kept spanking me on my bottom when I would stand up to pedal. She is so cuddly and hates to be left out. When the girls are home, she just follows them around wanting to do what they do. The other day she followed them down the basment stairs and fell down. She got banged up pretty bad, but survived.



Taylor loves ice cream and often makes a face that we like to call, "INTENSE"
Here are some of her favorites: stickers that she puts all over her body, shoes (she even wants to fall asleep wearing them), ice cream, and music.

Warren and Kim:
Warren has been really busy at the offices which is wonderful. He is pretty excited at how well the new office is doing. He has also been off roading alot with friends on Fridays and Saturdays. On Labor day after my run, we went up into the mountains with another friend with all of the "toys" and had a great time. The girls loved it especially our friends razor. We also enjoyed the short trip with Grandma Pat and Steve. We went up to Pikes Peak and the girls had alot of fun up at the top. We also really enjoyed watching the olympics, especially the swimming which made us stay up pretty late.


Nicole practicing her runners stance - "On your mark, get set, go"


Taylor loves the toys. When she hears the engine turn on, she immediately walks over to it and reaches up for someone to take her for a ride.



Up at the top of Pikes Peak. It was a beautiful drive.


I had a pretty busy month trying to get the girls ready for school and also training for the 1/2 marathon on Labor Day. The 1/2 went pretty well, but I was exhausted by mile 10. My pace slowed down quite a bit, but I finished it in 2 hours placing 67th out of 238.


I hope everyone has a great month!!

No comments: