Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Monday, November 3, 2008

The Lovely Month of November


Well October was a fun month. I can't even remember everything I did. I went to High School 3 with some friends and thought it was cute. This is so sad. I try to remember stuff to say but I can't think of anything. Halloween was fun. I was Smurfette and my friends were other 80 cartoon characters - can you recognize them? They are Strawberry Shortcake, Pippylongstocking, and Rainbow bright. We actually won two awards. One was best retro costume at the ward activity and then at the stake activity we one the cutest award. Then on Saturday we had a masquerade murder mystery. It was fun - we were all mystical creatures. I was the one and only Siren because I sang a song. I also finished the Christmas Program the the ward Choir. We are going to sing it on the 14th of December. Here is a copy of it:

I. Prophesying of the Messiah –
A. Quote - During this Christmas season, as we ponder on the birth of the Christ child, we also focus on receiving and giving gifts. The Christmas story is filled with the giving of Gifts. Before the coming of the Savior, prophets hoped for and prophesied of the Messiah’s birth. They gave to ancient Israel the Gift of Hope. Isaiah said, “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)” “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)” (1:00)
B.
Song - O Come O Come Emmanuel – choir (3:00)

II. The night arrives
A. Quote - “On the eve of His birth, the voice of the Lord came unto Nephi, saying, ‘Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.’”(Monson What is Christmas? Dec. 1998 Ensign) The long awaited night had come. The star shown in the East announcing the birth of the Messiah giving the world a gift – the Gift of a Sign. (:45)
B. Song – Star Bright – Duet between a Man and a Woman (4:00)

III. The Stable –
A.
Quote – “And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxedAnd Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger. (Luke 2: 1-7)” The world had received the precious Gift of a Child. (:45)
B. Song – Away in A Manger – Violin and Piano ( about 5:00 – hopefully less)

IV. The Shepherds –
A. Quote – The beautiful Gift of a Message was given to the shepherds on that special night in Bethlehem. “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them…And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord…Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men…And [the shepherds] came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger…And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child (Luke 2:8-17)” (1:00)
B. Song – While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks by Night (2:30)

V. The Wise Men –
A. Quote – “Behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him…[and] lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh (Matthew 2:1-11)” (:45)
B. Song - We Three Kings – Men’s Group (about 4:00)

VI. Mary’s Feelings
A. Quote – The Mother of the Christ child also received a gift – The Gift of a testimony for “Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. (Luke 2:19)” (:15)
B. Song- Still, Still, Still – Women Group – (about 3:00)

VII. The Future Sacrifice of the Lord –
A. Quote – “For God so loved the world, that he gave [the gift of] his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)” (:15)
B. Song - What Child is This – Women Duet (4:00)

VIII. The full Nativity –
A. Quote – “With the birth of the babe in Bethlehem, there emerged a great endowment—a power stronger than weapons, a wealth more lasting than the coins of Caesar. This child was to become the King of kings and Lord of lords, the promised Messiah—Jesus Christ the Son of God. Since that time, the spirit of giving gift has been present in the mind of each Christian as he or she commemorates the Christmas season. Our Heavenly Father gave to us His Son, Jesus Christ. That precious Son gave to us His life, the Atonement, and victory over the grave. What will you and I give for Christmas this year? Let us in our lives give to our Lord and Savior the gift of gratitude by living His teachings and following in His footsteps. It was said of Him that He “went about doing good.” As we do likewise, the Christmas spirit will be ours. (“In Search of the Christmas Spirit,” En.ign, Dec 1987, and “What Is Christmas?” Ensign, Dec 1998, 2)”(1:00)

B. Song - The Nativity Song – Choir (3:30)

So that is my program. I am so excited for it. I can't wait for Christmas. Well I really ca't think of anything else to share. Except for the cutest thing that happened to me. I got a note from a boy I know which was saying he wanted to ask me out so if I could send him a signal that would be great. I thought it was so cute. I sent him a note that just said signal with a smiley face. I hope he calls. Anyways. Love Mollie

No comments: