Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time Flies

This year is going by slow in many regards and way to fast in others. I can't believe that here we are in November. WOW!!!

Grandma and Grandpa paid a visit to us and the kids loved it. JJ and Jadyn would not let grandpa and grandma breath. Grandma took Jadyn to the "castle" (the Houston Temple) and let her run around outside. We went to a pumpkin patch and the kids got to ride a train through the christmas trees and JJ and Jadyn went on many little slides over and over again.




Halloween was great and the kids had a blast.

JJ (our little ghost) told me the morning of Halloween that he "needed" to be a pumpkin. Mom spent a couple of hours looking for a pumpkin costume, but to no avail. We finally talked him into being a ghost and he loved it. He figured out that he could hold the candy basket through the sheet instead of always lifting the sheet. Our smart little boy. He is doing great in school and we had a meeting with the teachers and some administration on Friday and they told me he is doing great and is the little hottie in the class. When he walks in the room the little girls come up to him and want to help him with everything from cutting to coloring. The teachers have to fight the girls off so that they can get JJ to do his own work before the girls do it for him. He is doing better and better every week.

Jadyn (our Snow White Princess) tells me every few minutes, "I need candy, I need candy, I need candy." I think she got the Trick or Treat thing. She was not happy when we told her it was time to go home. She also thought that she needed to go into everyone's house that night. She loves to spin and spin and spin and spin all day. She has run into the wall, fallen on to furniture, tackled her brothers and gets up, cries a little and continues to spin. She is tough and doesn't learn fast. Her favorite movie this month is "Spookly the Square Pumpkin" everyday she has to watch it. She is also wanting to learn how to cut, I think I have a lefty on my hands (just for you Great-Grandpa Mortensen and Grandma Nielsen) She insists on using her left hand to cut.

Jaxson (our Pumpkin) hated Josh and I for putting that horrible, horrible costume on him. He thought we were the most awful parents in the world. He kicked screamed and cried, but he finally stopped. He figured out the whole trick or treat thing way to fast. It only took a couple of cars at the trunk or treat for him to figure out what he was to do. He went from car to car as fast as his little legs would take him reaching his little hands into the endless buckets of candy. He grab as many pieces as he could get. We had to keep telling him only one, but most people found it to be so cute they didn't care how much he took. He had the time of his life.

Dad and the kids going over the the nights winnings - I have no idea who is going to eat all that candy :)

No comments: