Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Sunday, March 8, 2009

I can't believe that I am the first one to write. You guys are going to have to meet the challenge now and finish up. The month started out with the Super Bowl. We had the traditional meal of cold cuts, cheese, vegetables, chip, dip and the all important potato salad. It was just dad and I, but we had fun watching the game together. I still contend that you only have to watch the last ten minutes of any game and you know what has happened and who is going to win, but, we watched the whole thing anyway. Kim's girls were here for a night and tried to stay up until Grandpa got home from Scouts to see them. Kaylee and Nicole did wait, but Taylor fell asleep right before he got home. Cocoa also decided to wait for Grandpa too. We also got to celebrate Taylor's birthday a little early with her gift on a Nemo blanket.

Over Valentine's weekend, I was able to go the Houston and visit Jill, Josh and kids. Dad was unable to come because of work, but we decide I should still go. We had a lot of fun. Josh had to work on Valentine's Day so Jill and I and our good friend Jan Lancaster went to dinner and then to a movie. We had fun just catching up on all of the news of Houston.

JJ made a hat at school and Jadyn decided she needed one to, so Jill made her a hat.

We did have one pretty large rain storm, so we had to make cookies.
This was taken Sunday morning, so they were almost ready for church, but I kept interrupting to take pictures. At the end of the month we were able to go to Utah for Parker's blessing. We were only there for two days, but it was great seeing so many family members. We missed seeing John and Pi'ikea because they were in Hawaii, but we will catch up wioth them in April.

Besides the blessing, a highlight on the trip was going to Draper Temple open house. We went Friday morning in the snow, but when we were done the sun was shining and Salt Lake City looked beautiful from the temple.

Grandpa McVey come up from St George for the blessing. It was so good to see her. We had dinner one night with TJ and kids, Grandma, Karen, Larry, Rebekah, and Mollie. It was so great to see them. Tiffany took a break and went shopping for some clothes and the rest of us babysat. On Saturday Mollie, Tiffany and I went shopping and out to lunch and that was fun to have a girls outing and we left all the kids at home with dad and grandpa. They truly enjoyed themselves us we did.

The blessing technically took place in March and this is a February update, but it was the 1st so I figure that's OK. Merle, Dave, Ardeinne and Ford Rumsey where able to be with us for Parker's Blessing. It was wonderful to see them. Also Aunt Diane, Kristen, Sarah. and Mary and cousin John, Emily and their three little girls where there. I realized after we left for the airport that I didn't get a picture with all of us. I will learn eventully to take more pictures.

No comments: