Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Monday, April 6, 2009

Almost over, for now

Hey everybody, hope your March was a wonderful month. Pi'ikea and I staying busy with work and school and now moving. Both Pi'ikea and I are trying to get jobs in SLC for the Spring and Summer terms so we are moving to Lehi (city south of Point of the Mountain). Also, if we can not get jobs in SLC I will have classes in BYU's Salt Lake Center and then at the end of the summer Pi'ikea will be going to the Master Bodyworks program which is only held in Salt Lake. It is 2 months of full-time school 8am-5pm. We have already signed the new contract so we are trying to rush and get everything moved by the end of this week so we can sell our current Provo contract. We have had a few nibbles but no bites yet, at least that we know of.

The job I am hoping to get is an internship with Jacobsen Construction. They were founded in 1922 and do tons of work for the LDS church and BYU. They were part of the team that built the new LDS conference center, they did the renovations to the capital building in Salt Lake and the Tabernacle at Temple Square. They have also built a number of Temples from Texas and Mexico to California. There is one position in the estimating department, which I love because I want to be an estimator and four positions with their Project Management team. I was informed that there were 14 people that interviewed so the five positions. Later this week I will find out if I get the 2nd interview with their VP and then the VP decides who to hire. Hopefully it is me because in this market it is difficult to find a good construction job and this internship would be a great step to getting a great job. I actually just heard from Jacobsen and I did get the 2nd interview with the VP. I am meeting with him this Friday April 10, 2009.

The job Pi'ikea is going for is at a spa called Spa Club. There are 3 of them around Salt Lake County. She is worried that she will not get the job because she was informed that there were literally tons of people that applied for the job. But we shall see. We also just celebrated her Birthday this past week. We were not able to do too much because we both had school, but she was able to go out with some friends. She bought herself a Cuttle Bug. I really don't know how to describe what it does so if you are curious you can go to www.provocraft.com. She likes it though. Once we move into the new apartment we are going to have a celebration with more friends.

Oh, I am apologizing in advance for tardiness on next months blog. The first week of May Pi'ikea and I are going back to Oahu for her brother Kawika's wedding and will be back that next Tuesday. We love you all and wish the best. Until next time.

No comments: