Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy April

Hello Family - March was a fun month. I was doing the same thing as always. I worked on my thesis. I got it approved by my two readers and have scheduled my defense. I will defend on April 17th. So I am finishing up on time. I also played this week. Kaylee and Nicole and I had a slumber party where we played with our hair and painted nails and watched a movie. I also went to the Festival of Colors which is the festival Rushashana and so basically all of Provo goes to the Hindu temple down in Spanish Fork and throw colored flour all over each other. I will try to attach a picture of it so you can see how much fun it is. I also have my Easter program on the 19th of April. Fast Sunday is this week so we have to have it the week after that. I am excited for it. We are focusing on the names of Christ. Here is the outline:

The Easter Program – The Names of Christ

I. Hope of Israel - 4:30

A. Quote: “The divinity of Jesus Christ is indicated by the specific names and titles authoritatively applied to him (Jesus the Christ, 35).” During this Easter season as we contemplate the life of Christ, we can also ponder His different names and roles. By doing this we can truly learn how to take upon us the name of Christ.

“Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is (Jeremiah 17:7).” Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us...It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. Hope…transcends the trivial and centers on the Hope of Israel, the great hope of mankind, even…Jesus Christ (Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “The Infinite Power of Hope,” Ensign, Nov 2008, 21–24).” (1:00)

B. Song: Hope of Israel – Men’s Group (3:30)

II. The Son of God/ Son of Man – 4:45

A. Quote – Just as Heavenly Father testified of Jesus when He declared “This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, Jesus also “…knew His Father to be the one and only supremely exalted Man, whose Son Jesus was both in spirit and body – the Firstborn among all the spirit-children of the Father, the Only Begotten in the flesh…He was and is the Son of the “Man of Holiness,” Elohim, the Eternal Father (Jesus the Christ, 143-4).” (:45)

B. Song – Jesus, Son of God, Son of Man – Choir (4:00)

III. The Way, the Truth, and the Light – 6:00

A. Quote: - Personal Testimony of Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Light. They cannot bring in the other names and must only focus on the title mentioned. They will also only be given 2 minutes. Some scripture for help are – John 14:6, D and C 34:2, John 8:12, D and C 93:2, and 2 Nephi 31 (2:00)

B. Song: - Lead Kindly Light – Piano Solo (4:00)

IV. The Good Shepherd – 3:30

A. Quote: “I am the good shepherd,” Jesus declared. “The good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.” He “doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ,” and “He shall feed his sheep, and in Him they shall find pasture (Ezk 34:1, Alma 5: 38, and 1 Nephi 22:25).” (:30)

B. Song: - The Lord is my Shepherd – Mixed Group (3:00)

V. The Savior – 5:30

A. Quote: Personal Testimony of Christ as the Savior. They cannot bring in the other names and must only focus on the title mentioned and they cannot talk about the death of Christ because that will go with the title of Redeemer. They will focus on how Christ has saved them in many ways because the definition of what Savior means is “to save, rescue, or deliver.” They will also only be given 2 minutes. Some scripture for help are – John 3:17, Acts 4:12, 2 Nephi 25:20. (2:00)

B. Song: Our Savior’s Love – Choir (3:30)

VI. Redeemer – 3:45

A. Quote: – To redeem means to ransom; to rescue; to recover; to buy back or pay off, to deliver from sin and its consequences by means of a sacrifice offered for the sinner. When Jesus suffered both in Gethsemane and on the cross, “He gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people (Titus 2:14).” “Wherefore, all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this Redeemer (1 Nephi 10:6).” (:45)

B. Song: I Know that My Redeemer Lives – Girl Duet (3:00)

VII. Friend – 6:30

A. Quote: Personal Testimony of Christ as Friend. They cannot bring in the other names and must only focus on the title mentioned. They will focus on how Christ is their personal friend. They will also only be given 2 minutes. Some scriptures and quotes for help are – John 15:13-14 and “I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that He was crucified for the sins of the world. He is my friend, my Savior, my Lord, and my God. With all my heart I pray that the Saints may keep His commandments, have His Spirit to be with them, and gain an eternal inheritance with Him in celestial glory.” (Ensign, Nov. 1982, p. 6.) (2:00)

B. Song: My Brother, My Savior, My Friend – Girl Solo (4:30)

VIII. Christ – 6:30

  1. Quote: Jesus refers to himself with many different titles, but the most common title is that of Christ, which means “anointed” or "Messiah." Jesus testified of this title Himself when He stated, “Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world (3 Nephi 11:10).” Christ came as was prophesied and He fulfilled all that He set out to do. He suffered and died for us and now lives for us. As we come to believe and understand the different roles and titles of Christ, we can retain his name “’written always’ in [our] hearts. [We can] take upon [ourselves] “the name of Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end (Benson Come Unto Christ New Era, April 1988).” We also can become more “willing to bear [his] name; for in [his] name shall [we] be called, and [we] will be [His] (Mosiah 26:19).” (1:00)
  2. Song: This is the Christ – Choir (5:30)
I hope it goes well. Anyways Happy Easter and I look forward to seeing everyone at my graduation and then think of me while I am playing in Jerusalem (don't be too jealous TJ:P)

Love Mollie

PS. That is the Hindu temple in the back and yes that hill is covered with people!

No comments: