Well Family - I decided to write early since I will be in Jerusalem when all y'all write - now T.J. this is when you should be happy for me and not jealous:). The month of April was so jammed packed. I finished the major research on my thesis and had my defense. It was so much fun. I sat in a room with three professors and they asked me questions - my favorites were how does Eastern Orthodox monasticism compare to Western Catholic monasticism and what other processions do you think occurred during the year that relate to other image found on the Romanian monasteries and the best, where do you think the Romanians got the idea to paint on the exterior walls of the monastery. I loved it and passed with flying colors, so soon it will be on the internet and I will attach the we address so all y'all can take the time to read my 50 page article - and I will completely understand if you don't understand a bit of it. I also had my Easter program on the 19th and it went so well. One girl got sick that day and I had to step in and sing her song but it still went really well. I think it was the best one I have put together so far. I also had fun on Easter. I went to my friend's house - yes it is a boy and as all y'all know Preston and I are just friends. It was really nice though to spend Easter in a family setting. His mom even had a basket for me that had no chocolate in it. Then at the end of the month I graduated - I still have to make a few grammatical changes to my thesis and turn it into the library but I am basically done. Graduation was good. At the first one, President Uchtdorf, a leader in the LDS church spoke and at my individual graduation for the college of Fine Arts, Elder Oaks, another LDS leader, spoke. It was so good and I am glad that Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma, Mom, Dad, John, and Kim could all come. So now I go to Jerusalem and am so excited. I will let y'all know how it is. Love Mollie
PS Here are some pictures from Graduation. I know pictures twice in a row - shocker!

This is me showing off my cool hood.

This is everyone in my program minus one girl who had a baby two days before, one girl who didn't finish, and another girl who walked with her husband at his graduation. The two older people are our professors.

The cute McVey Fam afterwards!

Me being a dork while taking a picture with Grandpa.

I hate to be bias but this may possibly be the cutest picture ever to exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment