Sorry, no pictures this month. I forgot to have dad put the pictures on the computer and he is in Phoenix, so no pictures. I will catch up with pictures next month. It has been a busy month for dad. He has been to, Chicago, San Francisco, San Jose, San Antonio, Houston, Mesa, Los Angeles, and Palo Alto. He was in Houston long enough to call Jill and say "hi". Most cities, he was there long enough to visit stores, go back to the airport, get on the plane and go to the next city. The traveling should slow down in April. Time Out For Women, come to Denver the first part of March. Kim and I went with a couple of her friends. It started Friday night and ended Saturday afternoon. There were wonderful speakers and great music. I have never gone before and am so glad that I was able go this time. For those of you who don't know, Time Out For Women, is sponsored by Dessert Book and features speakers from the church and music by people who write music inspired by church related topics. The two musicians who came were Michael McLean and Kenneth Cope. I thought that they were amazing. I have listened to them for years, and love their music. Later in the month, dad and I went to a performance by the Denver Symphony doing music of Rodgers and Hammerstein. It was fantastic. There were large screens set up through out the hall and they played clips from the movies while the symphony played the music. They played music from Oklahoma, South Pacific, State Fair, King and I and Sound of Music. The next night, the General Young Women Meeting, was broadcasted from Salt Lake City. I was in charge of the refreshments. We had a Brownie "Bar" with 7 different kinds of brownies (who knew) and thanks to dad, ice cream. There were about 120 girls and mothers and the brownies disappeared rather quickly. The favorites were mint brownies and peanut butter brownies. Since I don't have any pictures, I will put in the recipe for the peanut butter brownies.Cream together: 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup peanut butter, 2 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla. Sift dry ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 cups oatmeal.Mix all of above together. Press evenly on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool; frost (recipe follows). Cut into bars, 1x3 inches. Frosting: 1/2 c. margarine, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 c. cocoa, 1/4 c. milk (or until spreadable) 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar. The only reason I know that these were really good, is, they are the only ones I had time to try. Till next month, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment