Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Go Cougars

First off, Congrats to my BYU Cougars. That was a very fun game to watch.

Well, school just started last week at BYU. So far it has been a typical first week of school. I am taking 15.5 credits, the most I have ever taken, but I think they will be easier classes than what I am used to. This semester I do not have any Construction classes. I am saving the last three for my last semester. This semester I am taking freshman biology and 2nd year History (both GEs). I am also taking a business/financial management class, an organizational behavior class and my lone Provo class is a surveying class. It is a civil engineering class but, it is required for all Construction students to take. So that is school. Also this semester I am not a TA.
The last week of August was my last day at Jacobsen Construction. Before I left I talked with the chief estimator to see what my options were with regards to some part-time work for this semester. Later this week I will be calling him to see if that is still a possibility. He wanted me to give him a week or two to see if anymore projects came up and also assess the need in the estimating department. I loved working there so hopefully there will be an opportunity there.
Pi'ikea is still enjoying school and is busy working on her business plan for her massage practice. She will be finished with school in exactly a month. Right now she is sending her resume to a few of the ski resorts. Most the ski resorts start hiring in October/November and keep the therapist on board until April, or whenever the ski season ends. Which will be perfect timing because I will be graduating in April. Lately Pi'ikea has been volunteering at events to get her name out there. Last week she went to a grand opening of a restaurant and was able to meet up with a promotions company that said they will help her because she volunteered. Anyways, much love to all and hope you enjoy your Sept. Oh and happy birthday TJ.

1 comment:

Polynesian Cultural Center said...

Good luck with all of your classes and the message business. Sure could use one of them right now! :) We're excited for you. Love, Merle