Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Monday, October 12, 2009

Out to Work

Pi'ikea and I had a pretty good month sense we last posted. She just finished her Master Bodyworker Program last week and is currently sending out resumes like crazy to a number of places like Park City, Salt Lake and Utah Valley. Hopefully soon she will be hearing back from the places she send her resumes. One of the main places that she would like to work at is in Park City; it is called Serenity Spa (previously known as Papillon Spa). It is located at The Canyons Resort. It is one of the first resorts in Park City from I-80. She is very excited to be done with school and get onto work. She wants to start her own private practice, however; I make that hard to do right now because school and we are not sure where we are going to end up after I finish school next April. Last week Pi'ikea threw a baby shower for a close friend and made an amazing diaper cake. Everybody loved it and told her she should make them professional. She will post a picture of it later.

I am almost done with school. The last one to finally get a degree is almost finished. By the time I'm done Mom and Dad will have had somebody in college almost every year for the past 15 years. Not sure how they did it but thanks Mom and Dad. School is going well for me. I am about a third of the way through this semester. I can't wait for this semester to be over then I only have one more left until I graduate. That will be a great day. Also I was hired back on part time with Jacobsen Construction. I work 16-20 hours a week. They are trying to finish up the estimates on the big downtown Salt Lake project by the end of the month so it is crunch time right now. I was very excited that they let me come back and work part time. In fact all of the interns from BYU Provo were invited to come back and work part time. The person over the internship program said that this year's interns were one of the better groups they have ever had. We'll see where this leads me. If not to a job it is great experience that will put me ahead of the curve. Also, I am on another competition team for school. This competition is only a regional one and it is going to be in Reno, NV next February. There are about 11 teams going from BYU. I am on the Commercial Team. It is very similar to last year, however; I only need to commit one week and one weekend to the competition instead of 2 months. Just another arrow for the quiver. Please they have a very very large job fair that I can attend. I love you all and hope you are doing well.

No comments: