Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Saturday, October 3, 2009

Slowing Down

After a couple of crazy weeks things are finally slowing down. Sorry about missing last month’s blog.

During August and September a lot was going on:

NEW HOME -

During August and September we put an offer on our first house and closed in 4 weeks, September 1st, packed and unpacked. Jadyn went up to Josh one day and said, "Daddy's going to paint my new room pink!" So guess what we did, painted Jadyn's new room pink and since we moved in she has never slept better. The boy’s room has one wall painted blue and with that JJ had a little bit of a meltdown. He wanted it red, "Jaxson's color is blue and mine is red," so we promised the curtains would be red and anything else in the room would be red. Needless to say, he got over it.
We feel very blessed to find this house. After looking at over 35 homes over a period of 3 months we finally found this one and our in love with it. More importantly the kids all call it their new home and love it. We moved in and they made themselves at home. Their favorite thing is hearing the train in the distance blow its whistle.

JJ STARTS KINDERGARTEN AGAIN -

We decided to put JJ back in Kindergarten do to the fact of his size and his late birthday, turning 6 in July. Since we had put in an offer on the new house we were able to get JJ registered in his new school. The teachers and staff have been great getting him settled with riding the big kid bus and making sure he gets to his class and gets started in his speech. He is making new friends on the bus and in his class. We get a daily report on his behavior and weekly reports on his grades. His first progress report came out last week and all Es - for excellent. We are so proud.

JADYN -

We were unable to get Jadyn in the public preschool, so she was a little upset about not going to school and wearing her backpack but we are trying to get her in a public school speech program so she will be ready for school next year. As I said before, she loves her pink room and smiles from ear to ear when she is in there. For the first few days she just hung out in her room and played.
Jadyn is our little princess and when asked her name states, "I am a princess." She loves to get up in the morning and go to her closet and pick out a dress to wear and matching underwear. Last Sunday she picked a white dress with blue and green dots and was very upset that I didn't have blue shoes for her to wear. She must match.

JAXSON -

Our little talker and fighter, watch out for this one, he will blow right over you and not think about the pain he might inflict. He loves crashing his cars and trains and destroying anything and everything. Do not build a tower of blocks or legos around him his cars or trains will follow shortly and knock them over. Our favorite face of his is destroy face, he clinches his fists, furrows his brow and grits his teeth and he is off to the attack. Watch out for that face.

"BABY IN MOM'S BELLY" -

As the kids say, "baby in mom's belly," is doing great. It is a boy and we like the names Jared and Jonah. Put in your thoughts on a name in the comment section. I am due at the end of November and it is coming so fast. A lot of women feel that their pregnancy never ends, I feel the complete opposite, it is coming way to fast. I still have to get everything ready, washing the baby clothes and sheets, start to buy diapers, and all the little details of a new baby. I will get it done but it might take me losing my mind, wait I am already there.

JOSH AND JILL -

Things are going great we are keeping busy as you can see from above. Josh and I have both been working during this craziness and trying to keep up with kids. Our life basically goes like this: JJ gets up at 6:30 and on the bus, I go to work while Josh watches the kids. I get home and then Josh goes to work and gets home after 11pm at night. So we don't see each other to often but to everything the is a season and this to shall past.
We are still working on getting settled in the new house but it is coming along. I felt like such a home owner when I received my first HOA violation notice which told me to reseed my dying lawn. The house was a foreclosure and we have no idea how long it sat empty and no one watering the lawn during one of the hottest summers Josh and I can remember. Needless to say we have a pretty dead lawn, but we are trying to bring it back to life before the cold comes.

Sorry no pictures, still looking for camera cord. But here are some fun sayings of the kids:

JJ falls to the ground and Jadyn says, stretching out her hand, "Do you trust me?" JJ answers, "Yes" (From the movie Aladdin)

All the kids drop things in holes, down the stairs, over any ledge, "It fell to the center of the earth." I didn't know the center of the earth was in my house.

Jaxson starts every sentence with, "Mommy (or Daddy) I think.... I hungry, I not sleepy, I go to bed"

Jadyn says, "Daddy buy me a pink phone...computer...painted my room pink...dress,"

JJ - "Pink is Jadyn's favorite color, Jaxson's favorite color is blue, mine is red"

Have a great month of October and we love you and miss you all.

1 comment:

Berly said...

I like the name Jonah. But that is just me - your sister Kim.