Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HI from Mom and Dad

We had a great beginning to the month of February by being with Kaylee when she was baptized on the 6th. She was so excited and beautiful on her special day. She had the biggest smile on her face all day. Kim wrote about this big event last month, so I won't go into alot of detail, just a couple on pictures.
After Kaylee was baptized all of us went for pizza and then ice cream. People say everything is bigger in Texas, but I don't think they have this kind of large ice cream cone. As you can tell by Kaylee's smile, the ice cream was wonderful. Nicole is picking out her ice cream in the back and Taylor has hers already.


This is how I spent the rest of the
month recovering from bunion surgery. So much fun! I had the surgery on the12th and needed to stay down for three days, then I got to wear the big boot to walk around. The hard part was the bunion was on my right foot, which meant no driving, but Dad and Mollie where there to grant my every wish, and drive me around. I have a smaller boot now and can drive when ever I want. I am doing fine and get around pretty well. Should be able to wear shoes in a couple of weeks.
Dad was able to do something he hasn't done in 17 years, go skiing. Sports Authority had a work weekend at Cooper Mountain, so dad decide to try and had a lot of fun. I forgot to send the camera with him so no pictures, but he did several runs and is ready to go again.
I think you all know that I go to Adult Education on Tuesday's. I have been going now for 7 years and have learned alot studying the standard works. This year is the Book of Mormon, starting in August we will study the Old Testament. In class today are teacher, Sister Gallacher read a quote from Elder Maxwell from conference, May, 1991. I just thought what he said is so important for all of us. We all go through trials and they can be very difficult, but they are for us to gain the experience we need to move forward in life. He said, "One's life, cannot be both faith-filled and stress-free. President Wilford Woodruff counseled us all about the mercy that is inherent in some some adversity: 'The chastisments we have had from time to time have been for our good, and are essential to learn wisdom, and carry us through a school of experience we never could have passed through without.' Therefore, how can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say, "Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou Art! then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share They joy!"

No comments: