Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hi from Mom and Dad

After all of our activities and trips in April, we stayed home in May. Well almost, I spent the first few days of May in Colorado Springs with 3 cute little girls. Nicole and Taylor are modeling the head bands that Grandma Mortensen made them. Kaylee wore hers to school, so I missed a picture with hers on.Our main activity for May was our long awaited garage sale. We had it planned for a year ago, but the timing didn't work, and then for October, but a snow storm interferred, so finally this May worked. Dad took the week off and we spent a few day hauling stuff and junk up from the basement and other parts of the house. After 37 years, I finally got new dishes and put in the garage sale, my non-microsafe dishes. Sold all of them for $5.00. Our basement is now clean and organized, we have a few empty closets, and empty cupboards in the kitchen. It was hard work, but well worth it.
I will disagree with John (read his blog) and say that May is the best month of the year. For the my birthday, dad, Mollie and I drove to Estes Park for a art show, lunch, and shopping. The show was was fun. Mollie and I found to brass bracelets, and the highlight was the ice cream shop selling only BLUE BELL ICE CREAM shipped in from Texas. Of course, I had birthday cake ice cream and it was amazing.
For my birthday, I asked for an ipod, but what I got was the new ipad. Talk about amazing! I am still trying to figure it all out, but I have the scriptures, church magazines, free books (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion) all of the music from my computer and of course, Spider Solitaire. I have not yet figured out, how to put my pictures on it, but give my time. I have been to the Apple Store once with about 6 questions, and I am sure that I will go back.
Dad has been busy with church and work. Not much traveling, which is good and still going twice a week to the gym and the other days riding the stationery bike.


No comments: