Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Sunday, July 4, 2010

Johnson Family



Hello Family-
Warren and I are in Orem right now having a wonderful 4th of July. I love this time of year and spent alot of time this morning learning about the Founding Fathers. It is fun to learn more about them, especially when I haven't studied US history for YEARS!! I am so grateful for the many sacrifices that have been made and are being made for our benefit. We live in a wonderful place and I am so grateful. One of the highlights this past weekend was going to Sundance and listening to the Utah Symphony play Patriotic Songs. I love the song by Aaron Copland "Fanfare for the Common Man." What a neat title....a salute to the common people that make this country great. It was BEAUTIFUL and the LOUD brass section echoed through the mountains. It was one of those moments in life that I wanted to hold on to for alittle bit longer.



The past month has been busy, busy, busy with summer activities. I am at Pat's house so I don't have all the pictures, but I do have some. Check out our blog kimandwarren.blogspot.com for more summer fun pictures.

Here is a list of our FUN summer activities, thus far:

1) Swim Team and Swim lessons - YES, Kaylee is on the summer swim team and loves it. She is learning alot and preparing for her first swim meet. She is scared out of her mind, but it will be good for her. Nicole is our little swimmer and is advancing through the swim levels very quickly. Her teachers love her and constantly have nice things to say about our little Olie.



2) "Alice in Wonderland" - Kaylee was in a musical theater camp for one week where she learned 3 songs and memorized 3 lines for her role as the March Hare in "Alice in Wonderland." She was very nervous about rembering her lines, but she did great. It was such a fun camp. They went to camp for 3 hours Monday through Friday, and than performed the 15 minute play at the end of the week. At firt, Kaylee wasn't too excited about being a boy...but after watching a few scenes of the March Hare and the Mad Hatter on You Tube, she was so excited. She loves being random and silly, so she was cast perfectly.



3) Waterskiing - We have been on the boat alot and the girls love our new tube. Kaylee is now up on 2 skiis and crossing the wake, hestitantly....but crossing the wake. She doesn't like it when her skiis get seperated by the wake. Warren loves his wake skate and surf board. FUN TIMES!!











4) Skipping naps and staying up late - Our poor Taylor is not getting enough sleep. She wants to stay up with her sisters and almost weekly, we stay up enjoying the weather and having smores around the a campfire.

5) TOADS - Warren found 3 toads on the street late at night and brought them home for the girls to play with. They spent 1 day constantly playing with these toads named Bob, Princess Elizabeth, and Dora the Explorer. Bob was a HUGE, FAT frog who laid around and eventually gave in to the craziness. Princess Elizabeth constantly croaked, and it was a pretty sound. Kaylee said she was singing to her lost love so he could come rescue her. Dora the Explorer was extremely FIESTY. She jumped out of the bucket, jumped out of your hand, and constantly tried to escape. After one day, we let the frogs free and it was a very sad moment for the girls. Kaylee cried and cried.


.


I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!


Love ya-
Kim, Warren, and the girls

No comments: