Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Johnson Family

Hello Family-
This one is going to be mainly pictures because it was an eventful month for us - First of all, I am now 33 and Kaylee turned 9!! Birthdays are always a BIG celebration in our family and yes, it lasts all week. I know, I am probably spoiling my girls - BUT, a birthday should be and is a BIG DEAL!! We do a fun celebration on their actual birthday, but we always do more than just the 1 day. It mainly consists of sitting in the "birthday chair" for a week and eating your favorite sugary cereal for the week or eating donuts for breakfast during the week. Anyways, I felt like the camera was being constantly used and that is a good thing.

So here is our Life in the BEST MONTH OF THE YEAR....JANUARY!!

The girls (with help from Grandma and Grandpa) decorated my chair. Kaylee was the only one that drew actual birthday symbols...

Taylor drew a Christmas Tree and so did Nicole. But, Nicole did write the "Happy Birthday Mommy" all by herself. AWESOME JOB NICOLE!!


These are my new retro running shoes. I haven't used them yet...saving them for outside running. My birthday was a great day. We painted the basement all day long with a ton of help from Grandpa and than went out to eat for my favorite - a really good hamburger.

Grandpa started reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" to Kaylee. Kaylee really likes the book and she is anxious to hear what happens.

TAYLOR - THIS PICTURE DEPICTS HER PERFECTLY. SHE IS QUITE THE TEASE!!

Nicole has found a new "friend"...her reflection in the sliding glass window. Do you remember the scene from Anne of Green Gables when Anne speaks to her reflection in the mirror? This reminds me of that scene. Every time we sit down to eat or color, Nicole has to part the drapes and smile at herself in the reflection. She LOVES to watch herself and talk to her "friend" in the mirror.
Nicole also had an interesting thing happen to her doll Kayla. Kayla's hair started to break off her head so we took it back to the American Girl Store and they took Kayla to the "hospital" to fix her hair. Kayla was delivered to us by mail a couple of weeks later with a hospital gown, new hair bows, and a certificate. It was pretty fun to see the excitement on her face when Kayla came back. Sometimes, I can't believe the things they do at that store. PRETTY AMAZING and RIDICULOUS!!

Kaylee performed in her school's Talent Show. She did AWESOME and I am not bragging. She is quite the performer. When she gets in front of people, she plays better than she does practicing. She was amazing!! She played the REAL "Fur Elise" by memory. Her teacher was so impressed and so was her family. I could go on and on and on at how proud I was of her that night. Right now as I am writing it, I have got a huge, cheesy grin on my face. Kaylee did what I could never do - memorize a piece and play it without having a massive panic attack. LET ME SAY IT ONE MORE TIME-SHE WAS FANTASTIC!!

Kaylee had a wonderful birthday week!! Grandma and Grandpa came to help us paint and to see Kaylee in her Talent Show. Kaylee had a great few days and loves her birthday. Warren surprised her with a new pair of fancy skis. They are huge and Kaylee loves them. She has slept with them by her bed for the past month.

Kaylee also got what she has been asking for a couple of years now - "Molly" She loves this doll!!


Nicole got to take home the classroom bear a few weeks ago and she was in heaven. She took it everywhere, dressed it up, made a bed for it, etc. She loved "Honey Bear."

The girls are constantly putting on Ballet Recitals for us. Nicole normally sits with all of her babies and will join in when the music is a little more upbeat.

Nicole did our Family Home Evening Lesson a couple of weeks ago and did a great job. She is fascinated with the story of Noah, so we acted it out. She made an ark, got all of the stuffed animals she could find, and dressed up as Noah. She briefly told us the story, and than I narrated it out of the scriptures. It was a fun night and I was so proud of Nicole for putting this together. She loves to be a part of something!!

Hope everyone has a great February!!

Love you-
Kim, Warren, Kaylee, Nicole, and Taylor

No comments: