Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Johnson Family

Hello Family-
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  I love Easter.  One of my favorite times of year. 
The month of March flew by! We started it off by going on a family ski trip.  We went with a couple of family friends and had a great time.  I hung out in the hotel with Blake and Taylor (who got sick...as usual), but we had a fun time.  We also went to Utah at the end of March and got to see everyone.  It was fun to show off little Blake and he was loved by all of his Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. 
Here is what is going on with our little family-

Kaylee: Kaylee is working really hard on getting the Presidential Award in PE. She has to run 1 mile in 9 minutes 15 seconds.  So, Kaylee has gone running with me a few times to see what it feels like to run a 9 minute mile.  She is loving ballet and piano.  Yesterday, she got to perform her original composition "Dance of the Unicorns" at the Colorado Springs Music Teacher Meeting.  She did very well and even answered questions after her little performance.  They asked her, "How do you come up with the song you are writing?  Do you think of chords, scales, triads?"  She looked at the audience and said, "I like to sit at the piano, experiment, and go from there."  So CUTE!!  She also fell in love with Grand Piano.  She wants one.

Blake: I can't believe it, but Blake is almost 6 months old.  He is growing and growing, and is finally off of oxygen.  YAY!! He passed the test with flying colors and got his last synagis shot for RSV prevention.  The biggest challenge now is his eczema.  He is constantly scratching his face because it is so itchy.  He has some pretty bad wounds, but with socks on his hands and the right medicine, it is healing.  He still isn't rolling over, but is seating up by himself for about 5 seconds, kicking his legs, talking to himself, and doing a little mini pushup.  He is a very happy baby and loves his johnny jumper.




Taylor: Taylor loves school, her friends, church, and coco.  The other day she told me she loves her coco and that I can never get rid of her.  She is also at the age of a million questions. All day long I hear ,"Why?"  Here are some examples:
Why do you need to brush you teeth?
Why is Blake so cute?
Why don't girls pass the sacrament?
Why does Daddy like to go skiing?
Why do we have to go to school?
How does Jesus hear our prayers?
Why did Jesus die on the cross?
Why won't grapefruit trees grow in Colorado?
Why did Daddy want to live in the mountains instead of being hot?
Seriously, this girl is very analytical, and independent. 

Nicole: Nicole is doing great!!  She is loving school and swimming.  Nicole is also loving the warmer weather.  She is constantly riding her bike (Kaylee's old big bike), jumping on the trampoline, learning how to jump rope, and of course swinging.  We hired a 13 year old girl to come and help Nicole on Wednesday afternoons.  They read together, do math facts, count money, etc.  Nicole loves working with Abbie and looks forward to spending time with her.  Nicole also got GLASSES!! She only needs them for desk work. I was a little worried about her loosing them because she doesn't need to wear them all the time, but she is doing a great job remembering to bring them home and to wear them during reading time.


Warren and I are doing great.  Warren is busy with work and getting his motorcycle ready for his Moab trip in May.  I am doing yoga again every Tuesday morning at 5am, and running more consistently.  I have also found a new hobby...Pinterest.  I love it!! I am on it a lot downloading new recipes and ideas. 

Here we are making one of the new recipes from Pinterest...donuts  
                                                                                         


Sad day for Nicole...baby Jonah got his leg ripped off by a neighbor.  
We taped it back together and things were right in the world again. 



                                                GOODBYE OXYGEN EQUIPMENT!!

No comments: