Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Johnson Family

 Hello Family-
I hope every one is enjoying the nice spring weather.  It has been beautiful here and I am loving the warmer weather.  I love being outside and I love when the kids get to play outside... definitely keeps them busy, and therefore makes me happy.

Here is a quick update from our family in pictures and some words:


Easter was wonderful!! The girls always look forward to this time of year and I love being able to focus a little more on the life of Christ.  The girls spent a lot of time preparing fun family home evening activities centered around Christ.  Taylor decorated some Easter eggs at school (she goes to a Methodist Preschool - they do a great job!!) that had little items inside each egg that symbolized a part of Christ's life.  It is always fun to hear what she has to say about Jesus, and also try to help her understand what everything means.  She desperately wants to understand everything.

 For the first time in years, it did not snow on Easter.  It was beautiful.  The girls could wear their new fancy sandals to church.

 Kaylee did it.  She saved up enough money to buy her own bike.  Warren found this one on Craig's list and she loves it.  It is still a little big for her, but she is loving it.


Kaylee also competed in her first piano playing competition. Last year she competed in a state composition competition and won!!  This was her first time to play for someone and she did great.  She scored a Perfect in everything from scales, theory, memorization, and performance.  She had to practice quite a bit to get ready for the day, so we made a calendar for her to fill out every time she practiced for 30 minutes.  She accomplished her goal and got her award..the game "Guess Who?"  Love that game.




 I had to post this because this cracks me up.  When Warren is home from work or has a day off, Taylor likes to set up her office right by Dad.  She works on her computer (a piece of paper with letters all over it) and works on writing her letters.  This girls is so ready for school!! She asks a lot of questions and Warren patiently answers all of them, even the ones that ask "Why do we have muscles?" or "Why do we have to sleep?"

 Warren and I celebrated 13 years of marriage on May 1st.  I can't believe it has been that long...life is good.

 This boy makes us so happy.  He has got the sweetest face and most beautiful eyelashes.  He is such a handsome little dude!!  And we love his motorcycle jersey.

 He has got a serious obsession with his tongue.  It is always out !!

 The biggest adventure this month for Blake has been introducing solid food.  At first, he hated it and actually got pretty mad.  But, he now likes it and hums while he eats...just like Big Sister Nicole.


Nicole is doing great.  She loves school and also loves the warmer weather.  This girl could live in the outdoors.  Her reading and confidence in her speaking has improved so much this year.  I am so grateful for such wonderful teachers who love her.  I had one teacher tell me, "She wishes all children could work as hard as Nicole."



I hope everyone has a great May and end of school!!

No comments: