Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Tuesday, July 8, 2008

From Mom and Dad

I am doing the blog this time, so things are a little mixed up while I figure it out. But, hey I am trying.

We had a great June. We finally went on the long anticipated drive in the corvette with the top down. The Saturday before Father's Day, a beautiful day by the way, we drove up to Estes Park, stopped and had lunch and then took the long, but beautiful drive through Rocky Mountain National Park. As you can see the weather was great and we had the top down the whole time. The last picture is hard to see, but there were hugh herds of Elk in the Park. There was still alot of snow in the mountains, so that is probably why they were down so low. We ended the day by eating at a German Restaurant in Golden. Dad had Rouladen, not as good as his, but still good.
Father's Day was great. Dad had breakfast in bed, after I got up, sent him back to bed, so he could have breakfast in bed. For I gift I gave him a hugh (24x36) family picture. It only took a year to do that, but it is done and it is beautiful.
The highlight of the month was going to Houston to see Jill and Family. The main reason (besides seeing the grandkids) was to see Josh's graduation from the Houston Police Academy. It was a great family day. But I will let Jill fill you in on all of that.

The next big adventure was mainly mine. GIRL'S CAMP. I must say camping in Colorado is alot different then hot and humid Texas and Florida. The days were beautiful in the 70's but the nights were a little cold, around 30. The camp was in a National Park just outside of Leadville, about 11,ooo ft. Some girls got altitude sickness, but after resting a while, they felt fine.
A good time was had by all. The highlight of camp was the presidency dressing up in our 70's outfits that Anne (stake YW president) found at a garage sale. The girls seem to love us in these wild outfits.

Sorry, I didn't now how to turn the picture around. I didn't want to mess around too much because I have gotten this far and didn't want to ruin what I have done.

Now, I do not have a picture for the next really big event, but maybe next month. On Saturday after camp, Dad and I, and our friends the Chesneys, went shot gun shooting, when we got home, dad was cleaning up and putting stuff away when the ladder slipped out from under him, and he fell to the garage floor. He ended up with 8 stitches in his head, 4 in his left shin, a hug knot on his right elbow, but the worst was the broken right knee cap. He had surgery on Thursday and rested the weekend. The corvette was outside when this happened, but it couldn't stay there, and since I have never driven it, Dad pulled it into the garage, even with his broken knee cap. He is doing pretty good, but rehab will take time.

1 comment:

THE MCVEY FAMILY said...

Good Job. It looks really good!!