Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Monday, June 8, 2009

2 Weeks until Transformers 2

How is everybody doing this lovely month of June? I know I am doing well. Things are going good at work for me. Pi'ikea is also enjoying school. She just started her last quarter and is looking forward to her graduation for massage therapy school the first week of August. Then right after that she will be going to the Master Body Worker program in Salt Lake to get even more schooling. That is going to be over in October. She is also loving her Friday Clinic and is normally booked out two weeks in advance.

Last week we gave talks in Sacrament Meeting at church and that was fun. Pi'ikea talked about the importance of the Sacrament and I talked about the Plan of Salvation. Pi'ikea took her allotted time and I was given 15 minutes but, the youth speaker finished faster than expected so I was left with about 25 minutes before I was supposed to end. Luckily I was prepared with a lot of stories. Also last week I had a fun little experience on my way to work. I was driving on I-15 and ended up getting a flat tire. I pulled over, put the spare on and that too was flat. Luckily I have road assistance with AllState so I was able to get a free tow to a local tire shop.

Things at work are going great. This past week we did a job walk of the City Creek project (pictures are below). City Creek is the project I mentioned last month and is the picture from last month's post. This project is huge. There are literally hundreds of workers on this project. Jacobsen is one of the lucky few companies that may not feel the effects of the bad market. Jacobsen started a lot of projects right before things went down hill and we are still going strong. This is projected to be our best year in Jacobsen's 80 or so year history.

These past couple of weeks I have been helping out on random projects. I helped do some take-offs for the Atlanta Temple renovations and also a UTA (Utah Transit Authority) project. And of course did some work on City Creek. Speaking of City Creek here are the pictures from the job walk. I will be referring to the plan that I posted last week so you may want to look at that too.

If you look at the plan from last time this is the red area towards the top of the site.

This picture is taken from the angle of the L-shaped building at the corner of 100 South and Main Street looking towards the pit from the picture before. This is parking level 1 or 2, there are two or three more parking areas this size going down.
This is Tower 5. This is the yellow building right next to the L-Shaped building I mentioned with the last picture.

No comments: