Well May was a very exciting month for me. Pat and I as most of y'all know went to Jerusalem and It was a blast. We started in Jordan and then went to the Sea of Galilee and then on to Jerusalem and ended in Egypt. My favorite thing to do was climb Mount Sinai. We left at 10pm and started to climb at 12pm on camel back. I loved my camel...It was a pretty smooth ride. He took me 3/4th of the way and the whole group waited for 3 hours at this little hut. We sang songs and people recited poetry and our tour guide Michael Wilcox talked for a while about the importance of Moses and his calling as a prophet. At 4:30 we hiked to the top of the mountain and watched the sunrise. It was gorgeous.
I guess I should explain a typical day. We usually left about 8 am every morning. There were 66 people on the trip and two buses. During the day we usually would stop and see four to five different locations and most of them dealt with the bible except in Egypt and then it was all about the pharohs. On the way to the stop depending who was on our bus...either Michael would talk or the paid tour guide would talk. At the sites, the tour guide would give the history of the site and Michael would then connect it to the scriptures and apply them to use. I loved it. I was in McVey fashion always at the front of the line...the first there and the first back...Pat would always laugh because she could always count on me getting us the best sets because no one walked as fast as me.
The rest of May was fun in Provo. I just hung out with friends. I have attached some fun pictures and I hope y'all enjoy them...you will have to see the rest latter.
Love Mollie
This is Petra. You may recognize it from Indian Jones
This is me on my Donkey at Petra. The guide reassured us that if we fell the donkey would fly
These are the lilies of the fields

My favorite picture that I took...the Sea of Galilee and our view from our hotel room

Me always at the front of the line walking and talking with Michael Wilcox

Pat and I with the city of Jerusalem in the Background

Me at the garden of Gethsemane with an Olive Tree in the back

Me putting a note in the Western Wall, the most important site to the Jewish Faith

Pat and I swimming at the dead sea

Pat on her Camel at Mount Siani
Me on top of Mount Siani
One of my other favorite pictures, the Nile at sunset

Pat and I in front of the great pyramids
No comments:
Post a Comment