Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Valentine's from Mom and Dad

We had a great start to the New Year by relaxing in the Dominican Republic for about 5 days. We stayed at the Moon Palace in Punta Cana with about 100 Sports Authority people. This is the view from our room. The weather didn't always cooperate, but we still had a great time. We went on a group boat ride that included snorkeling and a stop at a beautiful lagoon. We went deep sea fishing, but no fish, so really a great boat ride in the ocean. And relaxed by the pool when the weather was good, and, if not, we sat on the balcony and read. We had several work dinners and activities. We were in the Dominican when the earthquake hit Haiti, but we didn't feel a thing, in fact, we didn't even know there was an earthquake until about 9:00 that night. It seemed so strange to be enjoying ourselves, when on the same island, people were suffering.

We were able to be with Kaylee on her 8th birthday. We went out to lunch, watched her open her presents and then were able to meet her friends. But we had to leave early to catch the Nuggets vs Hornets. As you can tell by the picture, we had amazing seats. Second row on the floor. We had a wonderful time.

Towards the end of the month, we were able to go to Houston for the blessing on Jonah. We had a wonderful time visiting with Jill, Josh and the kids. For Houston, we had pretty cold weather, but we were able to get out and get some school supplies and clothes for Jadyn. Otherwise we stayed inside and had fun playing with the kids.
Anyone who is a new mom can relate to this picture of Jill. Hopefully we helped her out little so she could rest and also get some work done.
We had a wonderful January, but I can't say I am looking forward to February. This Friday, the 12th, I am having a bunion fixed on my right foot. I am not excited, but I know Dad and Mollie will take good care of me. I will let you know how everything turns out on the next blog up date.

No comments: