Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Friday, October 7, 2011

The Johnson Family

Hello Family-
I hope everyone is doing well. We had an eventful September. The girls are now fully into school, and they are enjoying it, most of the time.
Nicole is learning the basic math facts (she is very good at memorizing!!) and is slowly getting better at reading. Her confidence is growing and growing. She has informed me that she has a husband and a boyfriend at school. She has also joined swim team. It is actually a swim team for swimmers who are almost ready for REAL swim team. SHE LOVES IT!! Yesterday, I met with Nicole's school teacher and she had wonderful things to say about Nicole. She said Nicole is learning to be her own advocate and is one of the hardest working students. She also said Nicole is "her girl" and she is going to do everything she can do to see her girl succeed. It was a wonderful meeting and I left uplifted.

Kaylee is enjoying school and is learning a lot. It is fun for me to watch her in ballet where she is learning a lot of bar work and technique. Yesterday I had a parent teacher conference with Kaylee's teacher and she had wonderful things to say about Kaylee. She said she is a delight to work with and is blown away with her reading comprehension. She is excelling in every area and the one area she needs a little push is in writing. She can see a lot of potential in her because her comprehension is so good, so she warned me that she is going to push Kaylee in this area. A couple of weeks ago was a fun run at school and Kaylee ran 4.5 miles non-stop. I couldn't believe it!! She did an awesome job.

Taylor is loving preschool and wants to go every single day. She is constantly asking me,"Tomorrow, in the morning, I go to school?" I have to explain to her how her schedule works almost every single day. When she doesn't have school, we run errands,organize, color, read, and have play dates. She seems to be growing up a ton. She finally figured out how to skip, ride her bike, write all her letters fairly well, and make her bed all by herself. We are constantly working on eating her dinner....because she "hates dinner." Biggest news for Taylor is while we were in Lake Powell, she broke her arm climbing up the ramp from the sand to the houseboat. It was a small break, but still pretty annoying. She was in a lot of pain and it was hard for her mommy to watch her hurt.

Here are some other pictures from the month of September:
I look HUGE. In this picture, baby boy is about 30 weeks. Time is ticking away...

Favorites at Lake Powell,frogs and lizards.

Taylor is always ready to make a funny face. After breaking her arm, she helped daddy drive.

The kids dug HUGE holes in the sand to hide their lizards. I couldn't believe how deep they got. Nicole is standing!!

Look who got up sloam skiing? She did great behind the boon and did get up behind the long rope. She is getting closer and closer.
Nicole also got up behind the boon. She liked to stand right up and quickly learned that wasn't the smartest idea.

Over Labor Day weekend, we went camping. We had a great time!! We rode quads, hiked, ate like pigs, and just played.



Kaylee entered a Piano Composition Competition and did an awesome job. We will see what happens, but I was impressed with her writing skills. She knew what she wanted it too sound like, but the hardest part was figuring out time signatures, key signatures, note length, etc. But, she did it.

Here is our little Taylor on the first day of preschool. After I dropped her off, I sat in my car in the parking lot and cried for 20 minutes. Needless to say, it was hard day for me.


Taylor has found a new love...peppers. She has always loved fresh vegetables and this is what she sneaks from our garden.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween. I love Halloween. One of my favorite holidays...can't wait to see costumes!!

Love ya - The Johnson Family

No comments: