Happy Brthday

January
10 - Kim
23 - Kaylee
30 - Lilah


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Craig Family

Hello to all!
As you all know, January was a wonderful month for Paul and I. The funny thing is that it was uneventful until the 30th. Seriously nothing happened. But here is a quick recap of the events of the 29th and 30th.

Paul and my baby was due the 1st of February. We found out on Jan. 25th that my doctor was going on vacation on the 31st and would be gone all week. We really wanted my doctor to be there so we decided to induce before he left.

I went into the hospital on Sunday the 29th. They gave me a pill that was suppose to help start labor. The next morning, we found out that the bill helped me dilate to a 3 but I was not in labor. My doctor came in at 8 am and broke my water and then the labor began. It took 2 and 1/2 hours to get to dilate to a 5 and 45 minutes after that, I was at a 10 but the baby wasn't crowning. They wanted the baby to naturally descend on her own so we waited for 2 hours. At 1:30 the doctor decided that the baby was not moving on her own so I would need to push her down. I pushed for 2 hours and at 3:26, our beautiful baby girl was born. The cool part for me was that my doctor let me pull my baby out. Once the head and shoulders were out, he said to grab her and I did and pulled her out. It was wonderful.

So now we have a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Lilah (Paul's grandma) Ann (My mom). She is just beautiful.

We stayed at the hospital for 2 days and brought Lilah home on February 1st. We love having her in our lives :)

Love Mollie and Paul

PS Thank you to all your well wishes and presents :)


Mollie before going into the hospital

Lilah after she was born
Our Doctor with Lilah
Paul giving Lilah a bath
Paul bringing Lilah home
Paul holding Lilah...she loves curling up into the vital position. I think this is what she looked like in the womb :)


The next pictures are of the Nursery.

The picture above the changing table is a collage of her grandparents. We wanted Lilah to get to know them


No comments: